- 4011 - Safety
- Anchorage, AK, USA
- Full Time - Regular
Health insurance, paid leave, wellness program, 401k
Join a great team! ENSTAR Natural Gas Company is accepting applications for the position: Training and Public Awareness Administrator.
This is an exempt salaried position reporting to the Engineering Services Manager. The Training and Public Awareness Administrator performs diversified duties to support the Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA) 49 CFR 192 Operator Qualifications Program; provides support to the ENSTAR Safety and Health unit regarding regulatory and recordkeeping requirements; and develops and leads ENSTAR's external public awareness safety/prevention program.
Qualified applicants who wish to be considered for the above position must submit a completed, signed application via ENSTAR's website, www.enstarnaturalgas.com under Career Opportunities. ENSTAR offers competitive pay and benefit packages.
- Repetitive use of hands/arms
- Repetitive use of legs.
- Close vision (clear at 20" or less)
- Distance vision (clear at 20' or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish color)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
- Thinking analytically
- Communication (use of effective verbal and written communication)
- Handling stress and emotions
- Concentrating on tasks
- Discriminating colors
- Remember details
- Making decisions
- Adjusting to changes
- Examining/observing details.
- Inside and outside (including cold temperatures)
- Heavy machinery hazards
- Working with others and working alone.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Administers ENSTAR's Operator Qualifications (OQ) program, including developing and maintaining databases, updating program material and curricula, coordinating required training, maintaining necessary compliance records, and providing reports to supervisors on employees' status to ensure compliance with OQ requirements. Leads regular meetings of the Company's OQ Committee to communicate program status.
- Provides support to the Safety Supervisor, including developing and maintaining databases to track safety and health training requirements, assisting with monthly statistics reports and newsletters, updating the safety and operator qualification website, assists with meetings of the safety committee.
- Catalogs ENSTAR's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) into computer-based training program and updates SOPs as revisions are made. Tracks SOP training for employees.
- Develops and administers, with supervisory input, ENSTAR's Natural Gas Public Awareness Training to local agencies/communities.
o Maintains and administers ENSTAR's Public Awareness Program.
o Attend frequent utility related meetings related to public awareness.
o Liaison with local emergency response departments (police and fire) throughout ENSTAR's service area.
- Coordinate and complete annual first responder training with all departments.
- Will also participate with ENSTARs on call Supervisor list.
o Liaison with excavators:
- Meet and hold tailgate meetings.
- Meet with Companies that damage 3 or more ENSTAR lines.
o Liaison with public officials (city and building).
o Coordinate the ENSTAR Emergency Response Exercise Schedule of events.
o Liaison with the public:
- Prepare and distribute public awareness messages.
- Participate in outreach events.
o Prepare bill insert messages, Tweets, Facebook posts, and maintain public outreach on ENSTAR website.
- ENSTAR Operations Liability Claims Administration.
o Maintain/administer ENSTAR "damages to others" files and claims.
o Maintain/administer ENSTAR "contractor damages to others" files and claims.
o Coordinate investigation of fires, explosions, and significant incidents.
o Review accounts for abnormal and suspicious consumption.
o Coordinate investigation of suspected gas theft claims internally and with law enforcement agencies; work with Credit department to determine theft amounts and collection.
- May provide assistance to other program staff and handle other duties as assigned.
- Perform Operator Qualifications audits.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in education, business, communications, or a related field is preferred.
- Three years minimum experience administering a training program that included record-keeping responsibilities is preferred.
- Prior experience with Operator Qualifications training is preferred.
- Prior experience in the natural gas business and/or administering safety program-related training is a plus.
- Prior construction experience is preferred.
- Valid Alaska driver's license.
- Ability to pass a drug, background, past employment, and driving record screening.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, word processing, database development and management, office practices, procedures and the application. Ability to learn new software and database applications.
- Ability to communicate in a clear manner orally and in written form.
- Ability to maintain records and to prepare periodic reports from such records.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evaluate data, compile statistics and prepare reports, graphs, tables and charts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to analyze information and use sound judgment.
Review of applications will begin on September 13, 2013. This position is open until filled.
ENSTAR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: