|Department:||4011 - Safety||Location:||Anchorage, AK, USA|
|Pay Rate:||DOE||Pay Type:||Salary|
|Benefits:||Health insurance, 401K, paid leave and holidays||Employment Type:||Full Time - Regular|
Join a great team! ENSTAR Natural Gas Company is accepting applications for the position: Training and Public Awareness Administrator.
This is an exempt salaried position reporting to the Engineering Services Manager. The Training and Public Awareness Administrator performs diversified duties to support the Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA) 49 CFR 192 Operator Qualifications Program; provides support to the ENSTAR Safety and Health unit regarding regulatory and recordkeeping requirements; and develops and leads ENSTAR's external public awareness safety/prevention program.
Qualified applicants who wish to be considered for the above position must submit a completed, signed application via ENSTAR's website, www.enstarnaturalgas.com under Career Opportunities. ENSTAR offers competitive pay and benefit packages.
The Training & Public Awareness Administrator performs diversified duties to support the Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA) 49 CFR 192 Operator Qualifications (OQ) Program; provides support to ENSTAR's Safety and Health unit regarding regulatory and recordkeeping requirements; and assists with ENSTAR's external public awareness safety/prevention program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Administer ENSTAR's OQ program including: develop and maintain databases, under the direction of the Safety Supervisor update program material and curriculum, coordinate required employee training, maintain necessary compliance records, provide reports to supervisors on employee training status to ensure compliance with OQ requirement, communicate OQ program status at related meetings, and facilitate internal OQ audits.
- Provide support to the Safety Supervisor including: develop and maintain databases to track safety and health training requirements, assist with monthly statistics reports and newsletters, update the safety and operator qualification website, and assist with monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Catalog ENSTAR's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) into computer-based training program and update SOPs as revisions are made. Track SOP training for employees.
- Assist with ENSTAR's Public Awareness Training program through delivering 811 message marketing products to local agencies, businesses, and vendors, educate on the value of 811, maintain and administers ENSTAR's Public Awareness Program, prepare presentations for outside agencies, vendors, and the general public, attend utility and public awareness related meetings with the Safety Supervisor.
- Coordinate and complete annual first responder training with all internal ENSTAR departments.
- Be a member of ENSTAR's after-hours rotating "On-Call Supervisor" list.
- Coordinate and/or partner with the Safety Supervisor to liaison with excavators including: Meet and hold tailgate meetings, meet with companies that damage three or more ENSTAR lines; educate on nature of gas utilities.
- Coordinate and/or partner with Safety Supervisor to liaison with public officials (city and building).
- Coordinate the ENSTAR Emergency Response Exercise Schedule of events.
- Under the direction of the Safety Supervisor, liaison with the public: Prepare and distribute public awareness messages, Participate in outreach events, Prepare bill insert messages, Tweets, Facebook posts, and maintain public outreach on ENSTAR website.
- May provide assistance to other program staff and handle other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years' experience administering a training program. Work experience that included record-keeping responsibilities is preferred. Higher level education may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- One or more years' experience in the construction industry.
- Prior experience with Operator Qualifications training is preferred.
- Prior experience in the natural gas business and/or administering safety program-related training preferred.
- Prior construction experience is preferred.
- Must be able to pass federally required initial and continuous Operator Qualifications training.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver's License and be qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of the ENSTAR's Driving Policy.
- Ability to pass a drug, background, past employment, and driving record screening.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as advanced Excel skills and database development and management skills.
- Ability to learn new software and database applications.
- Ability to communicate in a clear manner orally and in written form.
- Ability to maintain records and to prepare periodic reports from such records.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evaluate data, compile statistics and prepare reports, graphs, tables and charts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to analyze information and use sound judgment.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and management.
- Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and the public through adherence to established safety standards and timely reporting of potential hazards.
- Must adhere to ENSTAR's policies and procedures related to the code of business ethics, compliance, responsible use of assets, and all applicable state and federal laws.
Physical Effort: Sitting, Standing, Walking, Talking, Repetitive use of hands/arms, Repetitive use of legs.
Visual Acuity: Close vision (clear at 20" or less), Distance vision (clear at 20' or more), Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish color), Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Mental Effort: Thinking analytically, Communication (use of effective verbal and written communication), Handling stress and emotions, Concentrating on tasks, Discriminating colors, Remember details, Making decisions, Adjusting to changes
Environmental Factors: Inside and outside (including cold temperatures), Heavy machinery hazards, Working with others and working alone.
ENSTAR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
Get Notified of New Jobs at ENSTAR Natural Gas
- Follow Jobs:
- Share this Page